Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:35 — 56.2MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Support the show and get double the episodes by subscribing to bonus episodes for $5/month at http://patreon.com/champagnesharks. Also, remember to review and rate the podcast in Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/champagne-sharks/id1242690393?mt=2.
I sit down with D. Mills (https://twitter.com/mdmills79/) and Mike (https://twitter.com/blackexception1) to discuss the Charlottesville Unite the Right protests, a recent Essence article, Blavity Blacks, and Ta-Nehisi Coates.
Articles and tweets discussed:
- Protestor who confronted the Alt Right with chains https://twitter.com/Alice_N_Chains_/status/896512399947177984
- Thread by the Women’s March people about Charlottesville https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/896393677244964865
- Tweet where I put up where the Alt Right said they didn’t want women or anyone who wasn’t able-bodied on the frontlines. https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/896282610745446400
- Essence article, which admittedly isn’t as divisive as the headline suggests: “Dear Cis People: It’s Time To Turn To Black Trans Leadership” http://www.essence.com/culture/black-transgender-non-binary-activists-to-know
- Twitter thread giving background on Brittany Ferrell and her controversy with Darren Seals https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/895069484603633665
- Various instances of Darren Seals refusing to join forces with white people trying to join with him to throw his enemies in Black Lives Matter under the bus https://twitter.com/KingDSeals/status/685546986708180992, https://twitter.com/KingDSeals/status/684864645115453440, https://twitter.com/KingDSeals/status/685546776389005312