This is a preview of a bonus premium episode. Support the show and get double the episodes by subscribing to bonus episodes for $5/month at patreon.com/champagnesharks. This will not only give you access to this current premium episode you’re previewing, but also all the back premium episodes you may have missed as well and all future bonus premium episodes. Also, remember to review and rate the podcast in Itunes: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/champ…d1242690393?mt=2.
Today we discuss Antifa supersoldiers, are favorite leftist twitter hoaxes that the alt-right Infowars crowd has fallen for, and other conspiracy hoaxes the alt-right has believed or spread.
Discussed in this episode:
- The cushbomb thread about the RPG covered in dildos at the Den convention https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/731639494617792512?lang=en
- The infamous randygdub tweet about the absentee ballots being torn up at the Post Office https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/787902456768311296
- The fallout of the Post Office prank got so bad various governmental agencies had to eventually address it https://twitter.com/USPSHelp/status/788105012236816384 and it had to be debunked by Snopes https://www.snopes.com/postal-worker-caught-destroying-absentee-trump-ballots-in-major-swing-state/
- “La. Court Rules That Man Who Said ‘Give Me a Lawyer, Dog’ Wasn’t Asking for Counsel” http://www.theroot.com/la-court-rules-that-man-who-said-give-me-a-lawyer-dog-1820157543
- Gateway Pundit falling for the hoax http://archive.is/VSn0j. Newsweek reporting on right wingers falling for the hoax. http://www.newsweek.com/antifa-waging-civil-war-november-4-right-wing-conspiracy-theory-681219 and the fallout from when November 4 arrived and nothing happened http://www.newsweek.com/antifa-civil-war-november-4-really-just-few-protests-against-trump-702150.
- Twitter user Krang T. Nelson discussing the hoax and the fallout. “Twitter Suspended Me for Trolling White Supremacists: I tweeted what was intended as satire of a festering right-wing panic over Antifa allegedly planning violence on November 4. It got weird from there.” https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evbpkn/twitter-suspended-me-for-trolling-white-supremacists?utm_campaign=sharebutton
- Sagging pants meme with arrows pointed at the black men’s butts https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/838115337354760197. Also the exaggerated sag in the racist memes that D. Mills discusses http://www.troll.me/images/sagging-pants/i-run-from-da-police-but-trips-on-pants-i-dont-get-far-boyeeeeeee.jpg
- “”ANTIFA” Responsible for Sutherland Springs Murders, According to Far-Right Media” by Michael Edison Hayden http://www.newsweek.com/sutherland-springs-shooter-devin-patrick-kelley-was-antifa-according-far-right-702338
- Examples of misinformation being spread by alt-righters about Sutherland shooter http://www.heretical.com/miscella/rcnoa.html
- “Alt-Right White Supremacists Claim Papa John’s As Official Pizza” https://www.yahoo.com/news/alt-white-supremacists-claim-papa-203316257.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=tw