Support the show and get double the episodes by subscribing to bonus episodes for $5/month at http://patreon.com/champagnesharks. Also, remember to review and rate the podcast in Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/champagne-sharks/id1242690393?mt=2.
The first half hour is us talking about chain restaurants like Cheesecake Factory for some reason, then the conversation turns to Colin Kaepernick and the #takeaknee controversy.
- Two books that cover all the addictive engineering of food products by scientists and labs. The End of Overeating by David Kessler http://amzn.to/2wWJyK7 and Sugar Fat Salt by Michael Moss http://amzn.to/2yacoa9.
- Related articles to the two books: “How The Food Industry Manipulates Taste Buds With ‘Salt Sugar Fat'” by Nell Boeschenstein from NPR http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/02/26/172969363/how-the-food-industry-manipulates-taste-buds-with-salt-sugar-fat, “You Really Can’t Eat Just One, and Here’s the Reason” by Scott Mowbray http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/18/books/salt-sugar-fat-by-michael-moss.html?mcubz=0, and ‘The End of Overeating’ by David Kessler (excerpt) http://onpoint.legacy.wbur.org/2009/07/02/the-end-of-overeating-excerpt.
- My original twitter thread about #takeaknee https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/911696707611750400 and the followup twitter thread after Trump did what I predicted https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/912349207431974913.
- 40 Million Dollar Slaves by William C. Rhoden http://amzn.to/2xHrNNC
- When Affirmative Action is White by Ira Katznelson http://amzn.to/2yHDNgF
- The Black lesbian comic writer who went on Breakfast Club to discuss her comic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZjJb6xhgxE
- Jason Black doing commentary on how bad the Breakfast Club interview went. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdGFnhcRzhk
- “Folie A Deux: When Two People Go Insane Together” https://io9.gizmodo.com/5955095/folie-a-deux-when-two-people-go-insane-together