Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 35:03 — 48.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
This is a preview of a premium bonus episode. To get access to this episode subscribe for $5/month at patreon.com/champagnesharks. This will not only give you access to this current premium episode you’re previewing, but also all the back premium episodes you may have missed as well and all future bonus premium episodes.
Today we talk about the implications of Drake doing blackface and wearing a blackface line of clothing to boot. Also we end up descending into pure gossip for a large chunk of the show.
Mentioned in this episode:
- My twitter thread about Drake’s blackface: https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/1002201972190208000
- Robert Littal of Black Sports Online reporting on Drake’s scandal, “Is The Porn Star’s Baby Really Drake’s Kid? How are James Harden & Iman Shumpert Involved; Who Snitched & Gave The Info to Pusha T? You Have Questions, I Have The Answers..” http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2018/06/asap-rocky-is-big-mad-on-twitter-after-being-exposed-for-allegedly-leaking-drakes-baby-info-to-pusha-t-being-one-of-the-5-potential-fathers-of-the-porn-stars-son-photos/
- The photo accompanying the story http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Drake-sad-800×445.jpg
- Robert Littal’s followup story “ASAP Rocky is BIG MAD on Twitter After Being Exposed For Allegedly Leaking Drake’s Baby Info to Pusha T & Being One of The 5 Potential Fathers of The Porn Star’s Son (Photos)” http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2018/06/asap-rocky-is-big-mad-on-twitter-after-being-exposed-for-allegedly-leaking-drakes-baby-info-to-pusha-t-being-one-of-the-5-potential-fathers-of-the-porn-stars-son-photos/
- Drake’s statement claiming the blackface act was a type of social commentary about racism he was experiencing in Canada: https://twitter.com/search?q=drake%20statement&src=typd
- Drake claiming in an earlier story that he never experienced racism in Canada: “Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: ‘I Never Really Notice Color’” http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/02/21/drake-says-grammy-wins-rap-categories-make-feel-alienated/
- The creator of Too Black Guys, the makers of the Jim Crow Couture line, explaining his upbringing, including being the only black kid in a white area of Canada and having a Jamaican single mother. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpVmevX278
- Jamie Foxx and Karrine Steffans on Foxxhole Radio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjULVJOkqsg