This is a preview of a premium bonus episode. To get access to this episode subscribe for $5/month at patreon.com/champagnesharks. This will not only give you access to this current premium episode you’re previewing, but also all the back premium episodes you may have missed as well and all future bonus premium episodes.
We discuss the new Chapo Trap House book, The Chapo Guide to Revolution: A Manifesto Against Logic, Facts, and Reason https://amzn.to/2pFWyhd and the origin story of the Chapo Trap House podcast. We also cover a lot of stories in the news and some of the worst people in media and public life, and break down the Chapo Extended Universe for neophytes.
Discussed in the episode:
- John Derbyshire praising Amy Chua’s Tiger Mom book https://www.johnderbyshire.com/Opinions/HumanSciences/tigermom.html; Charles Murray praising the book as well http://www.aei.org/publication/amy-chua-bludgeons-entire-generation-of-sensitive-parents-bless-her/
- “How the ‘Tiger Mom’ Convinced the Author of Hillbilly Elegy to Write His Story” by Caroline Kitchener https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/06/hillbilly-elegy-mentor/529443/
- Southpaw’s tweet showing how National Review has done a 180 on Trump https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1047696035726934017
- Bret Stephens’s NYT piece “For Once, I’m Grateful for Trump” https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/opinion/trump-kavanaugh-ford-allegations.html; Eli Lake praising Bret Stephens’s piece https://twitter.com/EliLake/status/1047839053721358337
- The Federalist creating a petition of conservative thought leaders to send to The Washington Post demanding the firing of Jennifer Rubin as their resident conservative blogger https://twitter.com/approject/status/1047848947002294272