Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:57 — 48.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
What do you guys enjoy about this show or want more of? Let us know at champagnesharks (at) gmail (dot) com. This is part 1 of a 2 part episode. Part 2 is available only to $5/month premium subscribers here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/cs-208-ny-and-pt-30225451. Sign up for $5/month at patreon.com/champagnesharks to instantly access this and over 100 other premium subscriber-only episodes. Also sign up at this link for the Champagne Sharks Youtube channel; if we hit 1000 subscribers we can start doing livestreams: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_kgnaXckBTwCdmQNyq2rw
This episode is hosted by Ken and T. with no guests. We use the trial and testimony of Tekashi 69 to discuss the decline of NY in general and NY hip-hop specifically and as usual we use it to spin off into a variety of related topics.
Mentioned in this episode:
- East coast Bloods and Crips vs. their west coast equivalents.
- Daylyt’s take on the Tekashi debacle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VkWmzfOIzo
- The Stro/Ebro beef about Hot 97’s perceived lack of loyalty to the local NY hip-hop scene: https://allhiphop.com/news/stro-addresses-his-on-air-argument-with-hot-97-s-ebro-8UThdZqD90G8L4hTsW_7Ng/
- The 1996 Telecommunications act that killed Black radio: http://blog.a3cfestival.com/how-the-telecom-act-of-1996-impacted-hip-hop
- Pidgins vs. Creoles https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/whats-the-difference-between-pidgin-and-creole/