Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:08:11 — 95.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Today I answer a bunch of questions that I have been asked over the past few months. If interested in asking questions, go to https://curiouscat.me/champagnesharks, email us at champagnesharks (at) gmail (d0t) com, or hit us up on twitter @champagnesharks.
Questions answered this episode:
- I answer follow-up questions about my episode critiquing integration-focused antiracism
- I play this related video by Ash Sankar a listener sent along https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zA58S8-2oA
- A question about whether I’m aware of the Swirling Movement and related figures and movements like “black women divest,” “bwgtow,” “Breukelen Bleu,” and “leaving blackistan.”
- I read a great comment about the white LGTBQ movement and why they increasingly use black lesbians and trans women as the current face of it, in response to my episode about the 4 Black lesbians who were murdered.
- My opinion on Shonda Rimes
- My opinion on the idea that every black kid will be supposedly inspired to do great things by the Black Panther movie.
- To what extent do I think the idea of Black women’s superiority to back men is rooted in an idea that Black women can become white, while Black men can’t?
Support the show and get double the episodes by subscribing to bonus episodes for $5/month at patreon.com/champagnesharks. If you can’t subscribe right now for whatever reason, do the next best thing and tell as many people as you know about the show.